CAL5000S Surge Readout/Reflective Voltage Spike Measuring Device
The CAL5000 device is a passive device designed to help maintenance professionals verify the calibration of their leading vendor's electric motor test equipment. Technicians or engineers can quickly verify performance of their equipment
versus this calibrated apparatus. It is intended to help
avoid the shipment of expensive, sensitive test
equipment, and is provided in a rugged transport
shipment case, for its own periodic calibration need.
This self contained device carries an array of traceable
and certified calibrated resistance values. The values
contained in the device enclosure are selected based
upon those generally required for verification of
several leading manufacturer's electric motor test
equipment. The CAL5000 devices carry a NIST
traceable calibration certificate. The CAL5000LT is
ideal for double checking results and to pre-test/verify
field test equipment. This small toolbox apparatus carries
two (2) values to help ensure equipment appropriate
operation. Custom values are available upon request.
The CAL5000 also includes an internal 1000:1 voltage divider. This divider gives the CAL5000 the ability to be used with a standard digital multi-meter as a voltage display. In order to verify calibration of higher voltage test equipment with a standard multi-meter, this calibrated readout is necessary.
CAL5000 Data Sheet - Click Here
The CAL5000S allows for the calibration verification of surge testers. The high frequency nature of the surge pulse requires a probe with suitable bandwidth. These high voltage probes can be purchased through EDE: 1000:1, 100:1, or 10:1 dividers allow easy measurement of high frequency voltages. This includes surge testers, VFD output voltages or shaft voltage via probe or CT.
Benefits of Use
Intended Use - Periodic verification of electric motor test equipment indicated values. Including, but not limited to the following types of equipment:
The CAL5000 kit consists of several components.
- Huge time savings: No waiting on shipping or product manufacturer to clear schedule
- Cost savings: Greatly reduced production/maintenance downtime due to no shipping for annual calibration verification
- Ability to audit internal equipment function (ie: before every shift or monthly vs. yearly
- No risk of shipping damage to expensive capital equipment
- Verify multiple instrument readings to ensure viable results at different plant locations
- Verify performance of rental equipment
- NIST traceability
- 1000:1 voltage divider to easily verify performance of higher voltage test equipment